Sunday, June 22, 2008

Magic Light: Pages 16-18

This scene was a bit harder on me because I had very specific things in mind and it didn't always pan out quite right. I am pleased anyhow, though.

That doctor Téa asked for directions is totally Sephiroth. I don't know why I'm so convinced of this.

I love Téa. XD This scene was mildly inspired by several humorous scenes actually in the series, incedentally: Téa rubs her shoulders when she has to use the bathroom (Duelist Kingdom), Téa comes up with pretty decent lies when she wants out of a situation (Battle City), Bakura shows up in weird places (all the time.) I actually tend to think that, since Bakura has been shown to be very attractive to teenage girls (shown? HA!) he probably has spent enough time with them to know where a woman will probably go in a public place when she needs to be alone.

Also, it was important to me that I show some of Bakura's "real" personality showing through. He seems fairly sensitive and empathic, and without Yami Bakura giving him all those blackouts anymore I'd think he'd be more likely to take his own initiatives, too, especially with those people who stuck with him despite his being possessed by an elder god thing.


I tend to think that all this time, Yugi's suspected this but pushed it aside because he didn't want to think he was competing with Atem. (His love/lust for Téa is canon, it's pointless to argue about it because Takahashi even talks about them getting married. XD)

Also, you can practically hear his poor little heart shatter into pieces and crash all over the floor in this scene. :(

Yes, Bakura sees him and isn't telling Téa. Would you? Be honest.

For some reason I seem to like scenes with Yugi accidentally overhearing things. In half my unfinished plot bunnies there's a scene where Yugi accidentally overhears a heavy conversation. He's overheard everything from "I was in love" to "why didn't you tell me you were pregnant?" XDD

In page eighteen, Téa shows that she has Yugi's personality down. Also, the line "I thought I was done" is a reference to the fact that I don't think Téa can let this go so easily. She thought she was prepared. She thought she was finished, but she's not. In a way, I drew from my own grieving experiences for this.

I have one more panel I want to comment on:

First of all, I was listening to "Sonne" whilst inking this page, which is really just hilarious when you think about it.

Secondly, this particular line inspired this slightly slashy piece on my main deviantart:


Intoxication-Yugioh-slashy by ~Golden-Dragon-Girl on deviantART

Intoxication

is the color of your eyes

Liberation

the promise in your smile

Give me one last day

to fall upon your arms

You are the warmth in the dark

and I am drowning

No more myself in you.

Resurrection

my breath within you sighs

Captivation

alive within your smile

I wish that I could stay

be human in your charms

You are the light in the dark

and I am screaming

Once more myself in you.

See, nothing against slash at all. XD